At BladeICE we specialize in service and repair for today’s high performance subwoofers made by the industry’s top manufacturers. We offer subwoofer repairs, subwoofer parts, recone kits.
We offer repairs and service for products by many manufacturers such as: DC Audio, Fi audio, AudioQue, Treo, Ground Zero, Cactus Sounds, Crystal, RE Audio, Stereo Integrity, Kove Audio, Elemental Designs, Ascendant Audio, RD Audio, Beyond Audio, American Bass, Digital Designs, SSA, Adire Audio, and MORE!
Recone is a common term used when referring to the complete rebuild of a speaker or subwoofer. Sometimes it is necessary to start fresh, and get rid of all the worn out parts of a speaker or subwoofer.
Speakers aren’t cheap! Current market conditions are causing the manufacturing cost of high performance subwoofers to soar through the roof. You may find yourself saving hundreds of £££’s by having your broken speaker repaired as opposed to throwing it away, and buying a new one. Though sometimes the outlay or value outweighs cost of repair
Prices vary from speaker to speaker. Prices start from just £25 for repair services, and £100-£180 for reconing services. We can offer a better quote once we receive more information about your speaker, and the specifics of the repairs that are needed.
We accept PayPal, Debit, Credit card payments.
As long as no special parts are needed, repairs usually do not take longer than 7-10 days. Shipping time depends on your location and the shipping service used. For shipping please check delivery section on the site.
Yes! We offer drop-in recone kits for many subwoofers. In some cases, the subwoofer might have to be shipped to us for some certain repairs. Many subwoofers need to be specially built, so some model must be shipped to us for repair.
For us to carry out repairs on unique brands we require as much information in order to be able to help. Below is the information required to begin process of a custom/hybrid recone or repair:
1. Quantity of speakers installed? All need repairs?
2. What is the Brand?
3. What is the Series or Model Number
4. What is the Size?
5. What is the Impedance?
6. What is the enclosure type, size, and tuning used?
7. What is the amplifier quantity, brand, and model number?
8. Application – Car audio, home audio, or other?
9. Is this for daily or competition use? Or both?
10. How did you hear about us?
11. Please fully describe the issue or problem. The more you tell us, the better and more quickly we can help you.
12. Do you have any special requests? Would you like a specific colours, increased power handling, additional options or upgrades added (if available.
We stress that in alot of cases it is better that you send your driver in for recone. There are number of critical dimensions which have to be measured accurately to ensure maximum performance and durability.
Some of the dimensions we require are listed below:
1. Pole ID
2. Top plate OD
3. Magnet diameter
4. Spider landing
5. Spider to surround landing
6. Top plate to spider landing
7. Top plate thickness
8. Magnet height
9. OEM coil winding length
10. OEM Coil ID
11. OEM Coil OD
*All the above measurements should be provided in mm (millimetre)