The purpose of this tool is to enable the installer to set the crossover frequency of an electronic crossover to the desired frequency, accurately and quickly. It can also be useful for matching gains on multiple amplifier competition type systems.
About the Design
When you pick up the CC-1, know that you are holding a precision piece of equipment. If treated as such it should provide you with many years of reliable service. We have chosen a 9V battery as a power source for a few reasons:
- They are readily available
- Isolating the CC-1 from the vehicle’s electrical system for power, guarantees that it will only measure what it is supposed to measure; the audio signal, not noise in the charging system
We also chose an RCA input connector for a few reasons:
- It makes it pretty easy to measure the output of a headunit directly, if you choose to do so
- Should the harness become damaged it is easily replaceable or repairable in the field
Everyone hides these in the back of the book. We are proud of our specs, they aren’t lies, so we are putting them up front.
- The Crossover Calibrator’s circuitry is digital microprocessor controlled
- Crossover -3dB point accuracy +/- 0.25dB
- Gain matching accuracy +/- 0.10dB
- Low Battery LED trigger battery voltage < 6.5Vdc
- Auto-shut off timer 8 – 10 minutes after ON button is pressed
What is included?
- The Crossover Calibrator (CC-1)
- Protective silicon rubber boot
- Calibrated Test tone CD
- This manual
- Pride of ownership
Aivisgrinbergs (verified owner) –
Set your crossovers and match the gains to similar amplifiers like a boss.